28th April 2017
Last weekend when everyone was enjoying the Easter break, Phyllida and Marcus Cooke were devastated with a house fire. Their beautiful grade 2 listed cottage went up in smoke. It was afternoon of the Saturday that their alarms started going off, they reset them and then they went off again. A neighbour came into their house and said she saw smoke coming from the roof. They went out to look and too saw a puff of smoke coming from it. The fire brigade was promptly phoned. While waiting for them to arrive the whole neighbourhood created at human chain and helped Phyllida and Marcus remove all items from the ground floor. The local farmer came down with a vehicle, which they loaded everything into. So items on the ground floor were saved along with a few precious other items. Both of them are left with the clothing they were wearing. It will be a long haul before they are back in the cottage again. Thankfully the insurance company has been very helpful and resourceful. How horrid for them.
I have nothing further to report on the status of the Saluki or Gazelle Hound Club as we have not received any notification of when the Special General Meetings will be held.
Leave a Reply.